Monday, April 8, 2019

TRUE FRIENDS

This is my latest project for Use Your Stuff.  This week's challenge was the create a project that featured flora and fauna.  In other words, create a project that includes flowers and animals.  I knew exactly what picture I wanted to use.  Fourteen years ago, we used to live at a lovely Cape Cod house that was the perfect locale to grow hydrangeas.  I fell in love with hydrangeas during a visit to the Biltmore Estate, so I knew I had to have this plant wherever I lived.  Well this particular house was ideal location to grow these majestic purple and pink flowers.  Before we moved, I posed my then four year old daughter and her best friend, our cat Nugget, in front of the blooming bush.   Flora and fauna!  To pull this project together, I used a sheet of American Crafts herringbone paper as background with some scraps I had in my stash from Authentique's "Meadow" collection.  Finally, I used the sketch found below from my former design team "2 Broke Girls" to pull the project together.

1 comment:

  1. Terrific DT inspiration project for UYS' flora and fauna! And I liked your interpretation of the sketch design! Well done!

    ReplyDelete