Sunday, April 21, 2019

SALTY BUT SWEET

This is my latest project for Sketches in Thyme using the following sketch.  With the sketch calling for an 8x10 picture, I knew I needed to find a terrific snapshot.  I decided to use a picture taken from one of my favorite photoshoots.  When my girls were small, we had family beach pictures taken at Sullivan's Island, South Carolina.  As I was going through my CD of pictures, I came across this one.  I hadn't seen it in a long time, and it literally took my breath away. My sensitive older daughter was walking along leaning on me while my happy go lucky younger girl skipped along the ocean's edge holding her Dad's hand.  We look so happy, so relaxed.  It's a picture that I never looked closely at until the other day.  And with my oldest graduating this year and my youngest finishing Middle School, it made me realize how fast time flies.  To pull this project together, I used a variety of papers from Authentique's "Sea Maiden's" collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment