Monday, November 25, 2019

THANKFUL

This is my latest project for Use Your Stuff.  With this week being Thanksgiving, our theme is to create a project featuring something you are thankful for in your life.  I knew immediately what I wanted to feature for my project.  My daughter broke her leg in September.  She has been sidelined for the past two months while her bone heals.  As devastated as she's been to have her soccer season come to an abrupt end, what has been incredible to see and experience has been the amount of love that has encompassed her.  She has an amazing network of friends especially from her club soccer team.  When she was brought into the hospital, her club team friends were right there holding her hand during the worst of the pain.  Featured in this project are two of her best friends who have been her rocks throughout this ordeal who also had to spend some time in crutches this past fall.  Words can not express how thankful my husband and I are for my daughter's friends keeping her spirits up during her recovery.  We are all blessed beyond measure to be surrounded by such incredible people.  To pull this project together, I used a variety of papers from Doodlebug Design's "So Much Pun" collection since the theme is my daughter recovering from an injury.  I was also inspired by the following sketch from my former design team "2 Broke Girls" when pulling this project together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment