Friday, November 15, 2019

HALLOWEEN TOWN

This is my creation for the Creative Inspiration November Mini Crop where I took on the Halloween/Fall Colors challenge.  Back in June, my cousin and I took a girl's trip to New England.  We explored a variety of cities and states in the area, but hands down, our favorite stop was Salem, Massachusetts.  As a History teacher, I wanted to see the site of the Salem Witch Trials for myself.  The city of Salem does an incredible job embracing its past and making a dark part of American History into a positive learning experience. One of our stops was the Salem Witch Museum where we watched a play about how the accusations of a few young girls led to the Witch Trials.  (None of the people accused were "witches;" those accused were simply people who were easy targets and accused of crimes they did not commit).  Later that night, we were exploring a local store when I saw was this bundle of brooms by the door.  I said to my cousin, "Look!  It's the parking lot!"  (Witch humor...)  With all the witch memorabilia and souvenirs, Salem truly is "Halloween Town" which I thought would be the perfect subject matter for a Halloween/fall color themed project.  To pull this layout together, I used the November 11 sketch & a variety of papers from Authentique's "Nightfall" collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment