Sunday, February 21, 2021

SKETCHES IN THYME: JUST KEEP SWIMMING

This is my latest project for Sketches in Thyme using the following sketch.  My daughter rebroke her leg in September.  After a traumatic injury and long healing process that occurred in 2019, the same leg in the same spot broke again in 2020.  This time around, she had surgery where a titanium rod was inserted into her tibia to facilitate the healing.  Literally, within three weeks, she was running.  She is now back on the soccer field as fierce as ever.  It was the most amazing recovery I have ever seen.  This girl has more grit and strength than any person I know.  She has had to push herself through so much physical and mental anguish.  And she did.  She "just kept swimming" like Dory sang on "Finding Nemo."  As a result, I thought documenting her healing process would be the perfect subject matter for this project.  To pull this layout together, I used a variety of blue and water themed papers from Bella Blvd. and a "Finding Nemo" sticker of Dory I've been saving for years for the perfect project.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment