Friday, December 25, 2020

DECEMBER MOOD BOARD PROJECTS FOR COOKING UP CREATIONS

This month at Cooking Up Creations our theme revolved around mood boards.  We were to find two different mood boards and create projects inspired by the colors, textures, objects, etc. found within the picture.  For my first project, I was inspired by the following mood board. I loved the natural colors and the greenery and thought it would be fun to recreate on a project.



















And this is the project I made for the mood board.  One of our favorite family traditions is to visit The Golden Lamb restaurant in Lebanon, Ohio.  Unfortunately due to Covid, this year we had to miss our annual trip.  So in honor of all the great times we have had eating Christmas dinner there, I featured this picture of my daughter at The Golden Lamb last year using the colors, patterns, and greenery from the mood board along with the Simple Stories "Winter Farmhouse" papers and embellishments collection to create this project.













For my second project, I was inspired by the following mood board.  One of my favorite Christmas color combinations are shades of pinks and teals.  I knew immediately when I saw this mood board that I had to recreate it.



















When recreating this mood board, I was inspired by the colors in the pajamas my girls are wearing in this picture.  I loved to dress them in the same clothes when they were tiny and didn't have strong opinions about clothes.  I miss those days...To pull this project together, I used a variety of papers from Prima's "Sugar Cookie" collection.



No comments:

Post a Comment