Sunday, October 13, 2019

TWINS

This is my latest project for Creative Inspiration using the following sketch.  A month ago, my daughter broke her left tibia in a soccer game.  She has faced the challenges of intense pain and a cast up to her thigh like a warrior.  With all the physical heartache my daughter has endured in the past month, good has emerged.  So many people have rallied around her.  So many good vibes have been sent her way.  And one of the most compassionate acts she's experienced was from her Homecoming date.  Her date did a cute "proposal" a week before she broke her leg (a future layout...).  When the bone was being set the day of the accident, we jokingly told the doctors, "Make sure you match her cast to her homecoming dress."  She came out of the casting room with a black and red cast to match her homecoming dress and shoes!  Fast forward to the night of the Homecoming dance, my daughter and her date were sitting down for a picture, he lifted up his pants to show us his matching red and black socks!  It was truly one of the most heartwarming things I have ever seen.  What an amazing young man to go the extra mile to help my daughter feel a little more comfortable the night of the dance. To pull this project together, I used a variety of red and black papers with flecks of gold to give the project an elegant feel.  My favorite touch (a subtle one) is the black netting paper that looks like cast tape that I placed diagonally under the patterned papers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment