Sunday, October 6, 2019

SALEM

This is my latest project for Creative Inspiration using the following sketch.  Back in June, my cousin and I took a girl's trip to Massachusetts.  We definitely wanted to see Boston, but what we really wanted to do was tour Salem, Massachusetts.  As a history teacher, seeing the place where the Salem Witch Trials took place was definitely a bucket list item.  As I was researching the city, I also wanted to check out a store called "Hauswitch."  The owner of Hauswitch , Erica Feldman, had written a book featured in my local newspaper, and I wanted to see it for myself.  While I found the contents of her store intriguing, what I loved most about her story is how she made her dream of an interior design studio with a witchy vibe a reality in the creation of this store.  Hauswitch is proof that if you dream it, it can happen.  So this is a picture of me in Salem standing in front of the store I travelled over 860 miles to see!  To pull this project together, I used a variety of papers from Authentique's "Nightfall" collection so that I thought gave a kitschy, witchy vibe.

No comments:

Post a Comment