Thursday, August 1, 2019

ME & THE MUPPETS

This is my latest project for Let's Scrap using the following sketch.  For the past 10 years, I've travelled to Washington DC with my 8th Grade students.  And each year, we stop at the American History Smithsonian.  Once I enter the museum, I make a beeline to the American Stories section where each year they have a different Muppet on display.  Why?  Because ever since I was a little girl, my mother would take me to get my picture taken with one of my Muppet stuffed animals (as seen on the left side of the layout).  I loved the Muppets.  From Sesame Street to the Muppet Movies, I was a fan!  I even went to a special screening of Emmett Otter's Jug Band Christmas this year (which everyone I told said, "What on Earth is that?") because I still love everything Muppet.  So every year, I make sure I get a picture of myself for my Mom with the Muppet the Smithsonian chooses to display that particular year.  I've posed with Elmo, Grover, Bert & Ernie.  It's a treat every year to see who I get to pose with.  To pull this project together, I used a variety of papers from Bella Blvd because I felt the bright primary colors looked like Muppet colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment