Monday, August 12, 2019

CHILLIN

This is my latest project for Use Your Stuff.  This week's theme was to feature a summertime activity.  I feel the Earth spins faster in the summer.  Literally I blinked, two months passed, and it's time to go back to school.  One thing that my daughter did do quite a bit of in, what feels like, the shortest summer break ever was float around our swimming pool.  She bought all sorts of floaties for the pool this summer but this one has been her favorite.  She loves her flamingo, and it's sturdy enough that she can float around on it and not have to worry about it tipping over.  I went outside one afternoon and found my daughter and her best friend living the teenage dream floating around the pool checking their phones.  I thought they would be the perfect subject matter for a summertime activity layout.  To pull this project together, I used a variety of papers from Michaels's "Recollection" collection.  I was also inspired by the following sketch from my former design team 2 Broke Girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment