Thursday, August 15, 2019

AT THE GAME

This is my latest project for Creative Inspiration.  This week, I'm in charge of the Thursday Stash challenge where we pick an item in our crafting stash and use it on our project.  I decided to use my favorite punch in my stash of punches; the banner punch.  I love making banners for projects.  It's a great way to use scraps of paper and add a fun finishing touch to scrapbook projects.  For this layout, I decided to attempt to get into back to school mode (I returned to the classroom last week) by featuring a football themed project.  My daughter LOVES to go to Ohio State football games, so I decided to feature a picture of her and her friend last year at the Horseshoe in Columbus, Ohio watching a game.  I used a variety of papers from Doodlebug Design's "Touchdown Collection" line to give the page a football feel.  I decided to use the April 14 sketch from Creative Inspiration as a blue print since it used a banner below a picture.  To connect my banner together, I put eyelets at the top of each punched out flag and eyelets at each side of where the banner would be connected on the page.  A piece of green baker's twine fished through each banner flag and anchored through the two holes keeps everything secured.

No comments:

Post a Comment