Monday, September 23, 2019

MY LITTLE CHICK

This is my latest project for Use Your Stuff where this week's challenge was to upcycle/recycle something on our project.  This challenge kicked my butt.  In my defense, my super athletic, soccer loving daughter blew out her tibia last weekend.  My head has not been in a creative spot.  But thank the Lord she is on the mend.  And creatively, THANK THE LORD that her friends have bought her over $40 of Chick-Fil-A gift cards.  As of last night, I had zero clue how to attack this project.  Then, as I was watching my poor girl elevating her leg on my couch, I had visions of her waddling around in her chicken costume on her first Halloween.  Suddenly, a connection was made; chicken costume = Chick-Fil-A!  So I took the backing of one of the gift cards, turned it into a tag as an accent for my chicken/farm themed page complete with a feather boa ribbon.  To pull this project together, I used papers from Doodlebug Design's "Down on the Farm" Collection.  I was also inspired to arrange my papers from this sketch from my former design team "2 Broke Girls."

No comments:

Post a Comment