Saturday, October 21, 2017

AUTUMN

This is my latest project for Sketches in Thyme using the following sketch.  Every second week in October, my cousin and I take a pilgrimage to Waynesville, Ohio for our favorite event of the season; the Sauerkraut Festival.  This festival celebrates all things sauerkraut.  You think of the food, this festival sells it topped with sauerkraut.  It's phenomenal!  (If you like sauerkraut...)  Every year there is one vendor that catches our eye.  This year it was the woodworker who made deer and other woodland creatures from scraps of wood.  I had to have one because the deer looked like my dog Penny.  While we were at the man's booth checking out the deer, it started to look like rain so the man sold us our deer at a discounted price.  Which was good because the Cokes (featured also in the picture) were DOUBLE what we typically pay!  Every year we take one picture to commemorate our trip; last year's was a selfie (on the left).  This year was our clearance priced deer and extremely overpriced medium Cokes!  Yin and yang...To pull this project together, I used Carta Bella's "Autumn" collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment