Monday, September 4, 2017

PROUD OF OUR FIREFIGHTER

This is my latest project for The Memory Nest using the following sketch.  In July, my husband graduated from the National Fire Academy in Emmittsburg, Maryland.  In the fire world, that is a huge accomplishment.  First, you have to hold a leadership position within your department.  Next, it takes four years, two weeks away each time, and a giant research paper every year to earn your degree.  So in honor of his graduation, my girls, in-laws, and I took a pilgrimage to Maryland to watch him receive his diploma.    These are a few of my favorite pictures from the day.  To pull this project together, I used a variety of firefighter themed papers I have saved over the years for occasions such as this one to commemorate his career.


No comments:

Post a Comment