Monday, November 7, 2016

WALKING IN A WINTER WONDERLAND

This is my latest creation for The Memory Nest using the following sketch.  When I see a sketch for the first time, I typically have an idea of what I want to do.  My initial thought when planning for this sketch was a layout involving bubbles, but then I looked at the calendar.  I created this project on October 30, 2016. Two years ago on November 17, 2014, Ohio got its first substantial snow fall.  That is UNHEARD OF in Southern Ohio.  December maybe; January definitely; November 17...NEVER!  And one of the perks of a substantial snow when you are a school teacher is a SNOW DAY!  So with November right around the corner and the stress levels at work and at home at an all time high, I had dreams of a snow day.  I've always loved this picture of my daughter playing in the snow on that unexpected gift from the snow gods, so I decided to make her the focal point of this layout.  The circles reminded me of snow flakes falling from the sky so to pull this project together, I used Echo Park's "Hello Winter" collection.  In addition, I added some sparkly snow flakes around the layout to accent the silver glittery paper acting as a border.

2 comments:

  1. Like how you've pared down the circles from the sketch. Perfect paper choices for a snowy day photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and wintery... we don't get "winter" in So Cal! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete