Sunday, April 26, 2015

WRECKING BALL


This is my latest creation for Red Carpet Studio.  And sadly, it will be the last for a little while. RCS is going on a  hiatus, but we will be back.  And we have some great challenges and prizes on the horizon.  For this final challenge, the inspiration was the poster for the movie "The Iron Giant."  I was inspired by the "iron" of the robot in the poster and  instantly thought of my daughter's creation two Halloween's ago.  I should be worried when she asks for strange objects; this time around it was gray spray paint, the dog's choke chain, & a tube of super glue.  I go outside, and this is what I found...She turned an old Bratz doll into Miley Cyrus riding on a wrecking ball...I really had no words for this....Especially when I saw she wrote "censored" across the doll's chest.  In addition for this layout, I used a sketch from my new design team Sketches in Thyme and paper from Michael's that I thought looked industrial; something a wrecking ball would smash.  The metal part of this project are the music notes in the title.  And because pumpkins played such a pivotal role in this outdoor masterpiece, I added a dash of orange (another shout out to the movie poster as well).  Please check back on our RCS blog to get an update on when we will be posting projects again.  Until then, thank you for all your love on our blog, on our personal blogs, and our facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment