Saturday, December 1, 2018

MERRY CHRISTMAS

This is my latest creation for Creative Inspiration Challenge Blog.  We are having a 12 Days of Christmas Mini Crop where each design team member created a Christmas challenge project for herself. I am a Christmas music fanatic.  The minute the radio stations switch over to 24/7 Christmas music, I never listen to any other channel until December 26th. One of my favorite songs is "Silver and Gold" from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.  I used to sing this song to my cats before I had kids.  I would substitute their names instead of "silver" and "gold."  My cats have since passed away, but every time I hear this song, I'm whisked back to a simpler time when my furry feline babies ruled the roost.  So I decided to make a project using silver and gold in honor of the song.  To pull this project together, I used pictures I took of my daughters ten years ago for a Christmas card photo shoot.  I converted them to a sepia tone to give them a vintage feel.  I loved the silvery undertones of Kaisercraft's "Christmas Edition" so I used a few of their printed papers as my silver element.  I found glittery gold poinsettia flowers at Hobby Lobby and anchored them along a strip of jute. Finally, I was inspired by the following Creative Inspiration July sketch and matted my pictures in a similar fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment