Wednesday, June 15, 2016

FIRST DAY

This is my latest project for Let's Scrap using the following sketch.  For this layout, I was inspired by two things; the notebook paper on the left side of the page and the time of the year.  My school district released for summer break a week ago.  The last day of school also marked my daughter's last day as an elementary student.  It was a bittersweet day; while I'm glad she will finally be attending the school I teach at, my baby isn't an elementary girl anymore...So I started going through my archives of first day of school pictures.  It is amazing to see how she transformed from a kindergartener to a fifth grader.  So with the school like feel of the sketch and the milestone that occurred at my house, I decided to document this event.  To pull the project together, I used Echo Park's "Teacher's Pet" collection to highlight my daughter's very first to very last day of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment