Friday, September 7, 2018

CHEERS TO ANOTHER YEAR

I recently joined the Design Team at Creative Inspirations, and I absolutely LOVE this group!  Not only are the sketches easy to translate, but also they sponsor all types of challenges that push my creativity.  This week we are having a "Birthday Bash" challenge.  At first my mind went safe, and I thought, "I will make a gift card holder that my daughter can use for a birthday gift..."  But then I decided I wanted to make something with a more adult feel.  One of my daughter's and mine's favorite things to do is to make drink coasters out of scraps of patterned paper and leftover letter stickers.  So I decided to make coasters that could go with a bottle of wine as a gift.  I used scraps of paper from Hobby Lobby's "The Paper Studio" collection to design the coasters and a few swipes of Mod Podge to prevent the paper from warping if they get wet.  Then I created a tag to tie around the wine bottle with the message "Cheers to another year!"  This project took very little time to complete, and would be perfect not only for a birthday, but also a housewarming gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment