Saturday, December 5, 2015

THE MEMORY NEST DT CALL PROJECT




Two weeks ago, my daughter tried out for a select volleyball team.  It took a lot of courage for her to put herself out there to be evaluated by others.  I think one of the toughest, most character building things someone can do is try out for a team.  My daughter's determination inspired me to put myself out there again in the scrapbooking world.  One of my favorite blogs to visit is The Memory Nest.  I've been waiting for The Memory Nest to do a design team call for the past several months.  As fate would have it, the design team call was announced the day my daughter was told she made the team!  A coincidence?  Maybe.  But this was my cue that I had to try.  And this is what I designed using the sketch below.  In my true seasonal scrapbooking form, I chose to feature pictures of my girls receiving their top two favorite gifts from their grandparents last Christmas. Since the sketch called for two pictures, I decided these pictures would be perfect to highlight using Echo Park's "Christmas Cheer" collection.  As I'm typing this, I still don't know whether or not I made the design team, but I am happy with the results of the sketch.  Life is about taking risks.  I'm proud that my daughter isn't afraid to put herself out there, and I'm glad that her courage inspired me to try once again for a spot on a design team.

No comments:

Post a Comment