Friday, February 1, 2019

AMERICAN GIRL

This is my latest project for Let's Scrap using the following sketch.  The challenge of this sketch was finding eleven photos of the same theme to showcase.  To make this happen, I dug into my picture archives and highlighted one of the greatest moments I've had as a Mother of girls; the weekend we spent in Chicago at American Girl.  My daughter was turning seven and wanted the American Girl doll Mia more than anything on Earth.  So our family took a train to Chicago to shop for her doll.  While we were there, her Felicity doll went to the doll hair salon.  We shopped, shopped, and shopped some more.   But the highlight of our day was our lunch at the American Girl Café.  She had a smile on her face all weekend long.  To highlight these pictures, I used polka dot Doodlebug Design paper that has been in my stash for years.  I also found an American Girl birthday card that I had stashed away for later use that I used for the title.  To make the star look like it was "shooting" I used white chipboard swirls I bought off of Etsy.  I put my Cricut Basic Shapes software to use and cut out multiple stars found throughout the layout.  And finally, to add some bling to my layout, I used a variety of rhinestone jewels and flowers to embellish the layout.  When it was all said and done, I was shocked about how well this project came together using so little products.  I guess it goes to show that sometimes less is more.

No comments:

Post a Comment