Saturday, October 15, 2016

SUMMER

This is my latest project for Let's Scrap using the following sketch.  I am a seasonal scrapbooker who is holding onto summer for dear life right now.  While I do love the fall and am looking forward to the first snowfall of the season, there is something about summer.  (Perhaps it's because I'm a teacher...need I say more?)  One of the things I love about summer is my annual girl's trip to Michigan.  My friend's sister owns a house on Lake Huron, and we go there every summer at the end of the school year to celebrate.  It is heaven on Earth.  No schedules, no cooking, no running kids all over the place; just pj's all day, slippers, and an incredible view.  And this year we learned a valuable lesson about Gin & Tonics; DON'T DRINK THEM!   A severe reaction to the tonic water caused the ladies in the top picture to get matching "friendship bracelets" from the local hospital...exciting times indeed!  To pull this project together, I used Carta Bella's "Yacht Club" collection because the prints reminded me of the wind chime on the porch and boats sailing across the lake.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Boy! No Gin and Tonic's for you gals! What a funny story...now that y'all survived it! LOVE the nautical feel to the layout and your photos are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, love the story behind your great layout.

    ReplyDelete