Sunday, September 21, 2014

O CAPTAIN! MY CAPTAIN!

This is my latest creation for RCS.  Being a movie inspired blog, we wanted to pay our respects to the late Robin Williams for this bi-weekly challenge.  I was absolutely devastated to hear of his passing....I grew up with him.  I have pictures of myself dancing with my pregnant mother in 1980 wearing my Mork and Mindy suspenders....Mrs. Doubtfire made me laugh to the point of hysterics at one of the darkest times of my  life....So for this tribute, I decided to metaphorically stand on my desk like the students in Dead Poet's Society and shout "O Captain! My Captain! to the man who brought so much joy to my life.  This is a picture a kind stranger took of my family at the Lincoln Memorial; the inspiration of the poem "O Captain! My Captain!"  I thought it was the perfect picture to spotlight my favorite quote from this Robin Williams classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment