Sunday, February 21, 2021

COOKING UP CREATIONS: SCOOBY DOO WHERE ARE YOU?

 And finally...these are my projects for Cooking Up Creations for the month of February.  This month's challenge was to create projects using a "Scooby Doo Where are you?" theme.  I immediately thought of travel and these were my creations.

PROJECT 1:  This project features my younger daughter playing in her first soccer tournament of 2021 post broken leg in Gatlinburg, Tennessee.  Rather than use traditional soccer paper to create this project, I used a variety of papers from Echo Park's "Little Lumberjack" collection because I loved the mountain vibe.  (As you can see in the picture, my daughter's team played on a field high up in the Smoky Mountains for one of their games).  But I did make sure to use soccer ball cut outs to pull the theme of the project together.  As an added twist, I also asked participants using my design as inspiration to feature a group picture somewhere on their project like I did of the team picture at the bottom of the layout.


PROJECT 2:  For my second project, I was asked to feature a sketch layout along with the travel theme.  Being in the height of an Ohio winter, I decided to dip into my archives of pictures of my daughter soaking up all the beauty of Costa Rica.  In both of these pics, she had no clue I was taking her picture.  After a very stressful high school experience, it was so wonderful to watch her relax and enjoy all the new experiences around her in Costa Rica.  To pull this project together, I used a variety of papers from Pink Paislee's "5th & Monaco" collection along with the below sketch.






No comments:

Post a Comment