Monday, August 6, 2018

FOOTBALL

This is my latest project for Use Your Stuff.  For this week's challenge, we were to use triangles on our projects.  I must admit that this challenge pushed my creativity a bit.  When I use shapes on my layouts, I don't typically lean towards triangles.  So as I walked my dog thinking on what I wanted to create (I tend to get my best ideas walking my dog), I decided to use pennants.  My original thought was using pics of my daughter at an Ohio State Football game.  When I came home and started rummaging through my stash, I came across this paper kit from Photo Play called "End Zone" that reminded me of a vintage football team.  Suddenly this page came together in my mind.  I decided to use pictures of my Grandpa when he was in high school and a star football player.  He held the kick off return yardage and touchdown records for my high school for almost seventy years.  Cool thing was it was my brother who broke the kick off return record.  I typically don't do heritage pages, but the older I get, the more I realize it's important to document these stories as well.  I wish I knew more about my great grandparents and their lives.  Hopefully my daughters and their children will appreciate this little nugget about their Great Grandpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment