Monday, August 21, 2017

GETTYSBURG

This is my latest project for Sketches in Thyme using the following design.  For this project, I decided to feature pictures of a recent trip my family & I took to Gettysburg, Pennsylvania.  I teach American History.  I love stories.  And no place in the USA conjures up more stories than the Battle of Gettysburg.  My favorite spot at the Battlefield is featured in the pictures on this layout; Little Round Top.  A teacher from Maine holding his ground at all costs on the slopes of this hill not only changed the dynamics of the battle, but also the course of the American Civil War. Standing in this spot always gives me chills. Not to mention, the scenery is breathtakingly gorgeous. To pull this project together, I used a variety of papers & cardstock stickers from Doodlebug's "Yankee Doodle" and "Patriotic Parade" collections.

No comments:

Post a Comment