Monday, June 12, 2017

I LOVE SUMMER

This is my latest project for Use Your Stuff using the following sketch from a former design team I was on called "2 Broke Girls."   The theme for this project was "use warm, summer colors; reds, yellows, and oranges."  I instantly thought of all the pictures I've taken over the years of my girls gardening.  As I was going through my picture stash, this one jumped at me.  My dog was a puppy.  My oldest wasn't afraid of getting dirty.  To me, it screamed "I love summer!"  Once I found my picture, I was surfing around Pinterest for some inspiration, and came across this sketch from 2 Broke Girls.  I loved working with their sketches, and I thought this one would be perfect to showcase the picture I selected.  To pull this project together, I used a variety of patterned papers from the Simple Stories "Summer Days" collection & a sheet of "shiplap" paper from Echo Park's "Jungle Safari" line.



No comments:

Post a Comment