Monday, July 11, 2016

HOME OF THE FREE...


This is my latest layout for The Memory Nest using the following sketch.  Although this goes live after July 4, I was completely inspired by the holiday for this sketch.  Eight years ago, my husband and I took our daughters to Washington DC.  While we were at the Vietnam Memorial, my daughter was asking all kinds of questions about who the men were and why their names were etched on the wall.  I stepped back and took this picture of her while she was thinking about what we told her.  I loved how her little face reflected in the wall; almost like the young men who made the ultimate sacrifice were looking back at her.  To bring this project together, I used a variety of Doodlebug's "Patriotic Parade and Picnic" papers and my Cricut "Basic Shapes" to cut the stars. It's hard to believe that she is almost the age of thousands of the men listed on the wall.  Like the sticker says, "Home of the Free because of the Brave."  Lest we never forget what our ancestors have done for us to make the Fourth of July possible every year.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful patriotic page! Love that all the stars are made of different PPs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your patriotic layout!! Fabulous papers!! xo

    ReplyDelete