Monday, March 14, 2016

SOMETIMES BEST FRIENDS ARE FURRY

This is my latest layout for The Memory Nest.  For this sketch, I decided that my dog should be the focus.  I must admit, for the majority of my adult life, I was a cat person.  There was nothing more I wanted than a house full of kitties.  Then I read the book The Lovely Bones.  With two small daughters, I was scared to death.  At that moment, I decided that our family needed a dog.  Immediately. The bigger and more ferocious the dog, the better!  As fate would have it, my daughter's friend's family were fostering a litter of puppies who were abandoned near Dayton, Ohio.  While visiting their house, I got to hold a fuzzy, muscular tan boy with giant white paws. That was all she wrote.  I was madly in love with him.  We adopted the puppy the minute he became available and named him Aro Volturri after the mean vampire in the Twilight series because I was convinced he would be our ferocious guard dog.  Well, the only thing ferocious about him is his bark.  He does a super job protecting us from stray leaves blowing across the street, the UPS man, other dogs taking walks in our neighborhood... Otherwise he's a giant teddy bear.  He puts up with so much living with three girls like silly Halloween costumes...But he's happiest curled up in a fuzzy blanket taking a snooze with his favorite humans.  And I'm happy to report that I'm a full on dog lover courtesy of Mr. Volturri.

4 comments:

  1. Such an adorable page and pictures!! LOVE the papers that you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic name! And he looks a real softy too. Great idea to feature him on a page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. He is my best friend. :)

    ReplyDelete