Thursday, August 20, 2015

JOY TO THE WORLD

This is my latest creation for Sketches in Thyme based on the sketch found below.  What struck me when I initially looked at the sketch were the triangles.  And despite being the first of August when I created this project, I instantly thought of Christmas Trees when I saw this sketch.  I decided to rotate some of the triangles to make colored paper Christmas Trees throughout this layout.  The pictures I chose were simply fun shots I took this past Christmas morning.  My husband and I love to do funny things on Christmas such as posing the Elf on the Shelf on a gift we think the girls will like best or putting little hints on the tags on what is inside the package.  This past Christmas, we adopted a puppy who thoroughly enjoyed the mess on Christmas morning.  And I kept finding her in strange spots such as between a pizza and hamburger pillow with an ornament on her head. Across the top of the layout is a quote from The Grinch Who Stole Christmas that reads, "Maybe Christmas, he thought...doesn't come from a store.  Maybe Christmas, perhaps...means a little bit more!"  As much as my children do enjoy opening presents, I certainly hope it will be moments like these that are the most memorable to them about Christmases when they were little.

1 comment:

  1. Love your layout!! Fabulous idea making the triangles trees!!

    ReplyDelete