Sunday, April 12, 2015

AHOY THERE

This is my latest creation for RCS.  The inspiration for this challenge was the 1980's classic movie "Overboard."  This is truly one of my favorites from my childhood.  I loved watching Goldie Hawn trying to wrangle the wild children of the carpenter who was pulling a fast one on her.  However, my favorite scenes were her attempting to do housekeeping in the pigsty they called home...So for this project, we were asked to combine a masculine and feminine element; similar to the plot of the movie "Overboard."   I decided to go literal and use a picture of my daughters (feminine) hanging out on a boat (masculine).  I used papers from the Carta Bella "Ahoy There" collection along with Echo Park's "Summer Adventure" to bring this layout together.  And in case anyone is wondering, no one went "Overboard" on this boat adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment